Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ok, try number 3 at regular blogging. Maybe if I keep it a secret I'll stick to it? Anyway, it should be fun while it lasts!

This morning I am jazzed about running! I signed up for my first half-marathon, which takes place in about 7 months. This should be plenty of time to train, but only if I actually do it! I tend to take my bedtime cues from Abigail though, so it's not going too well yet. Hard to run if you get up at 5 for work and go to bed at 8:30. But then again, why am I going to bed at 8:30?!?!

Anyway, my fabulous husband bought me a running magazine, and so far it's getting me excited again. Largely because I found out that alternating running and walking can improve your race time! It is my first half-marathon, so my goal is completion, not time. However, if walking helps improve time, then it means I'm not failing in my goal of "running" a half-marathon if I walk some. And knowing you don't have to do it perfectly helps get me started. Hmmm, that sounds like there might be a life lesson in there somewhere ....

Jeff Galloway training programs

No comments:

Post a Comment