Friday, July 27, 2012

Running Into a Wall

I rearranged the house (again) so our treadmill now faces a bare wall in the "dining" room. I put that in quotes because our kitchen table is in the storage closet, so very little dining takes place anywhere besides the couch. I was exhausted last night and did not want to run, but one of the training tips I read was about the importance of training when tired. Why? Because about half-way through the race, you are going to be tired! Training while tired helps prepare you mentally and physically to run when you would rather be asleep. Makes sense, right?

I was going to try out the run/walk technique, but I kept getting phone calls from mother/mother-in-laws, so I mostly walked. Yes, you heard right. I was fielding phone calls from all the mothers! Just as I put the baby down for a nap! Anyway, it was a nice workout and I did get to run for about 15 minutes. I felt accomplished.

Back to Abigail, though. (Were we talking about Abigail? Of course we were, we're always talking about Abigail!) This week she's been going to sleep at around 7:30pm and waking up at 5:50am because that's as late as I can let her sleep and still get to work on time. So last night she fell asleep at 7:30 and I thought we were done for the night. Wrong! She woke up at about 8:45 just as happy as a clam. So we played for a while, she pooped a little (while sitting on my lap, because that is her favorite place to poop), and then she laid on the couch with me blowing spit bubbles for the next hour. Yes, an hour of blowing spit bubbles. I'm telling you, this kid has the best life ever! Apparently, once you learn how to blow spit bubbles, nothing else is worth wasting your time on. As a result, I stayed up way too late, but it was worth it to get to watch my sweet baby enjoying life so much. Moral of the story? Take time to smell the roses. And then spit on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment