Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sick Sick Sick

The Nipps (2 big Nipps plus 1 Nipplet) spent last week passing a stomach bug around and around. Not much fun with a little one. I did learn that we can make it through a week with a sick baby though, so I'm kind of proud of that. I was also so grateful for all the breast milk that has been donated to us, since I'm sure that was the reason that the bug went easiest on Abigail. Next time this happens, I might add some to my cereal or something. Maybe it would help my immune system too!

I have been reading a book called The Ten Commandments of Wealth. It's by a Jewish rabbi, so it's brought up a lot of interesting points. One that was particularly convicting is the thought that anger is a sign of pride. His point is that when you are angry, it is because you feel your rights have been trampled on. For example, I get mad that people cut me off in traffic because I think "how dare he take my rightful spot!" Sometimes it's righteous, or just right, but definitely not all the time. He suggested using the times you get angry to really look at the situation and see if you have some unwarranted pride to address. I struggle a lot with pride (is it bad to think I'm awesome if I'm right?) so this was definitely something that hit home. I'll try to throw out more spoilers from the book later. You know, leave them wanting more and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment