Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

[author's note: thinking of post titles is my favorite part of blogging]

I have been so saddened today with the failure to pass SB5, which would ban abortions in Texas after 20 weeks gestation. Lately I have become more and more aware of the issue of abortion and what it means scientifically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, both for individuals and for the nation. I have learned so much. And I have done nothing. I pray sometimes. Once a month or so. And I get sad about it every few weeks. I think more so since my miscarriage. But I haven't done anything. I don't think you can tell someone to go and stop sinning without introducing them to Jesus, so I need to call a pregnancy center and ask if I can help. I'm not sure if I can volunteer with Abigail in tow, but I won't know unless I call and ask. I can definitely pray faithfully though. There's a lot that can be changed in prayer. Internet, you can be my accountability partner. I need to call a local pregnancy center this week and ask if I can help. Please ask me if I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment